PhD Philosophy Admission 2019 at University of Calcutta
University of Calcutta PhD Philosophy Admission 2019: University of Calcutta (Department of Philosophy) Kolkata has invited applications for admission to PhD Programme in Philosophy for the commencing year 2019. Check out University of Calcutta Phd in Philosophy Admission 2019 like Eligibility, Application Form, Application Procedure, Important Dates and more
The specified area of Research Indian philosophy, Analytic Philosophy, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Language, Comparative Religion, Logic, Political Philosophy, Epistemology (East & West), Ethics.
Total No. of Seats Available: 11 seats.
- A consistently good academic record with Master’s Degree in relevant subject with at least 55% marks
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 Sept.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedure.
Check out Admission Notification
Calcutta University PhD Philosophy Application Form 2019
University of Calcutta application form can be downloaded from the website www.caluniv.ac.in
Filled in application form, together with self-attested photocopies of certificates and mark-sheets, are to be submitted at the office of Department of Physiology, University of Calcutta, 92, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata-700009 along with the money receipt indicating payment of Rs.100, in the prescribed challan endorsed by the HoD.
Calcutta University PhD Philosophy Admission Dates 2019
- Last date for Submission of Application Forms to the Department on: 25th September 2019
- Lists of candidates eligible to appear for the direct interview & written test will be put up on: 26th September 2019
- Date of Written Examination on: 27th September 2019 (11.30 am to 01.30 pm)
- List of applicants who have qualified in the written test and are eligible for the interview will be put up on: 01st October 2019
- Interview will be held on 22nd October 2019 and 23rd October 2019 (if required) from 12 noon onwards
- The final list of selected applicants for Ph.D. admission (provisional) will be put up latest by: 22nd November 2019
- Coursework will commence from: 06th December 2019
Check out Latest Entrance Exams