University of Madras Distance Education UG Courses 2018: The University of Madras, Institute of Distance Education has invited applications from eligible students to enroll for the 1st year B.A. / B.Lit./ B.Sc./ B.Nat./ BMM / B.Music / B.Com / BBA / BCA Degree Courses through Distance Education Mode for 2018 sessions.
Madras University Distance Education UG Courses 2018
Check out the complete details of Madras University Distance Education Undergraduate Admission 2018-19 application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, important dates and more details about University of Madras Distance Education UG Courses 2018-19.
List of Major Courses offered by IDE, University of Madras for admissions are:
3 years Degree Courses – First Year BA/B.Lit. /B.Sc. /B. Nat. /BMM/ B. Music /B.Com/B.B.A. / B.C.A. Degree Courses
UG ADMISSION – I
- B.A. Tamil Literature, Criminology & Police Administration Economics, English, Tamil, Public Administration, B. Lit., B. Music
UG ADMISSION – II
- B.Sc. Mathematics, Geography, Psychology, Medical Sociology, Visual Communication, Hotel & Catering Management. B. Nat. Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, B.Sc. Apparel Fashion Design B.M.M., B.C.A., B.B.A.,
UG ADMISSION – III
- B.Com. General B.Com. Co-operation B.Com. Corporate Secretaryship B.Com. Bank Management.
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form (for the Academic Year 2018-19): 20th October 2018.
Check out more Distance Education Courses
Admission to the First Year BA/B.Lit./B.Sc./B. Nat./BMM/B. Music/B.Com/BBA/BCA Degree Courses is open to Applicants who have passed any one of the following Exams:
- The Pre-University Exam conducted previously by the University of Madras or any other University accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- The Higher Secondary Exam [Academic or Vocational Stream] conducted by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu [or] other States [or] Union Territories [or] an Exam accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- There should be a minimum gap of two clear years between the date of appearance in the exam in which the Applicant has passed the S.S.L.C. [X Standard] and Higher Secondary Exam (+2) or any other equivalent Exam as prescribed in the Prospectus for joining the First Year of Degree Course.
- The Senior School Certificate Exam [XII Standard] conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education held in 1979 or thereafter provided that they have been declared to have passed the exams in not less than 5 subjects of which ENGLISH shall be one.
- Those who have passed the Plus Two examinations of the National Open School, New Delhi.
- Pre-Technical Examination previously conducted after 11 years of study by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai.
- Intermediate Examination [2 years] of Andhra Pradesh, Pre-Degree Examination [2 Years] of Kerala and Pre-University Examination [2 Years] of Karnataka under the 10+2 pattern.
- Applicants who have successfully completed 10th Standard and 3-year Diploma Course in Music recognized by the authorities, University of Madras are eligible.
Eligibility Conditions for Lateral Admissions:
Applicants holding ‘Diploma in Commercial Practice Certificate’ or Modern office practice [Three Year Course] of the Directorate of Technical Education & Training, Chennai, Govt. of Tamil Nadu or any other Diploma as equivalent thereto provided that they satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed in the regulations are eligible for lateral admission to the Second Year B.Com. [Commerce] Degree Course of this University, provided they studied the Language and English paper at the Diploma level; otherwise they should study a language and English paper in the Second year B.Com degree course.
Applicants holding ‘Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering (or) Diploma in Computer Technology, Diploma in Information Technology (IT) Electrical and Electronics Engineering (or) Diploma in Computer Hardware Maintenance, Electronics and Communication Engineering Certificate’ [Three Year Course] of the Directorate of Technical Education and Training, Chennai, Government of Tamil Nadu or any other Diploma as equivalent thereto provided that they satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed in the regulations are eligible for lateral admission to the Second Year B.C.A. Degree Course of this University, provided they studied the language and English paper at the Diploma level; otherwise they should study a language and English paper in the Second year B.C.A. degree course.
Applicants who have successfully completed 10th Standard and Three Year Diploma Course in Music recognised by the authorities, University of Madras are eligible for lateral admission to the Second Year B.Music Degree Course of this University subject to the conditions that they should appear and pass all the papers from First Year onwards as prescribed in the regulations to successfully qualify the B.Music Degree Course.
University of Madras Distance Education Application Form 2018
Applicants can obtain the application form from the University Website www.unom.ac.in or www.ideunom.ac.in. Applicants can also obtain the application form for University of Madras IDE admission 2018:
- In Person: Rs.100/- by Cash at the Institute/Study Centres/Spot Admission Centres/Participatory institutions.
- By Post: Rs.150/- by demand draft drawn in favour of “The Director, IDE”, University of Madras, payable at Chennai.
- Through Website: The Cost of Application Form of Rs.100/- should be paid along with Registration Fee of Rs.1000/- if downloaded through website.
Payment Mode of Fees for admissions
Students can make their payments with the banks designated by the Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras without any additional charge. The Challan has three identical parts, Viz. Bank Copy, IDE Copy and Student Copy.
The particulars required in the challan should be filled in by the Applicants without leaving any column blank. The BANK will retain bank copy and return the IDE Copy and Student.
University of Madras, Chennai
University of Madras (Estd. under the Act of Incorporation XXVII of 1857 – Madras University Act 1923), Institute of Distance Education (IDE), Chepauk, Chennai-600005 (Tamilnadu), Website www.unom.ac.in or www.ideunom.ac.in