Calcutta University Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Statistics Programme 2019
University of Calcutta Phd in Statistics Admission 2019: University of Calcutta, Kolkata has invited applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program in Statistics for 2019 session.
Number of Seats: 6 seats.
Calcutta University PhD Statistics Admission Dates 2019
- Date of Advertisement: August 01st, 2019
- Last date of submission of application form: August 20th, 2019
- Date of common written test: September 04th, 2019 (12 noon-3 pm)
- Result of common written test: September 12th, 2019
- Date of interview: September 19th, 2019 (from 12 noon)
- Date of publication of selection list: September 26th, 2019
University of Calcutta PhD Statistics Eligibility 2019
Applicants with an M.Sc or equivalent degree in Statistics and allied subjects from any UGC recognized University/Institute is eligible to apply for admission to the PhD program.
Calcutta University Phd Statistics Selection Procedure 2019
The admission procedure consists of a written test followed by an interview for applicants successful in the same.
Those who have qualified NET/SET (Mathematical Sciences)/GATE (Mathematics) or hold a UGC Teachers’ Fellowship or already obtained M.Phil in Statistics and allied subjects or M.Tech (QR&OR) degree of ISI prior to the application deadline will be exempted from the written examination but will have to appear in the interview.
Calcutta University Phd Statistics Entrance Exam Pattern 2019
- There will be 25 multiple choice questions each carrying 2.5 marks out of which one has to answer 20 questions; if an applicant answers more than 20, only the first 20 answered will be evaluated.
- There will be 15 short answer type questions of 5 marks each out of which one has to answer 10 questions; if an applicant attempts more than 10, only the first 10 attempted will be evaluated.
- Pass marks for the test will be announced in due course.
- Applicants successful in the written exam would have to compete with other eligible applicants who have already cleared NET/SET/GATE/M.Phil/M.Tech (QR&OR) at the interview stage.
- Applicants selected for the final interview will be required to specify his/her areas of interest by a specified date before the interview.
- The final date for submitting the brief will be announced along with the intimation for the interview.
Check out more Entrance Exams
University of Calcutta Phd in Statistics Registration Form 2019
- Applicants can obtain the application form from www.caluniv.ac.in
- Applicants are requested to deposit application fee of Rs.100/- either by cash or Demand Draft (DD) through duly filled in C.U. Challan, endorsed by the Head of the Dept.
- Successful applicants will be eligible to register for their Ph.D. Program in the Department of Statistics, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road Kolkata-700073 (West Bengal).
Check out more Admission Notification