Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya MSc Admission 2019
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya MSc Admission 2019: Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya (UBKV) West Bengal has invited application for admission to 2 years M.Sc. (Agriculture) / M.Sc. (Horticulture) / M.Sc. (Forestry) Courses for 2019 sessions.
Check out MSc Admissions 2019 at Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal – Eligibility, Application Form, Entrance Exam, Application Date and more details.
UBKV MSc Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Date of Start of Submission of Application Form: June 20th, 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form: July 10th, 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 30th July & 31st July 2019
- Publication of Merit List: August 05th, 2019
- Date of Counseling and Admission: August 08th, 2019
- Start of Classes: August 14th, 2019
Number of Seats
The number of seats for different disciplines is mentioned below:
- Agricultural Economics Total Seat = 08 (UR-04, ST-02, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01)
- Agricultural Entomology Total Seat = 10 (UR-03, ST-02, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-03)
- Agricultural Extension Total Seat = 08 (UR-03, ST-01, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-02)
- Agricultural Statistics Total Seat = 07 (UR-03, ST-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-02)
- Agronomy Total Seat = 10 (UR-03, ST-02, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-03)
- Biochemistry Total Seat = 08 (UR-04, ST-02, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01)
- Genetics and Plant Breeding Total Seat = 10 (UR-03, ST-02, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-03)
- Plant Pathology Total Seat = 07 (UR-03, ST-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-02)
- Seed Science & Technology Total Seat = 06 (UR-03, ST-02, OBC-B-01)
- Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry Total Seat = 10 (UR-03, ST-02, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-03)
- Floriculture and Landscape Architecture Total Seat = 03 (UR-01, OBC-B-01,ICAR-01)
- Fruit Science Total Seats = 04 (UR-01, ST-01, OBC-A-01, ICAR-01)
- Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops Total Seat = 08 (UR-03, ST-01, OBC-A-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-02)
- Post-Harvest Technology Total Seats = 04 (UR-02, ST-01, OBC-A-01)
- Vegetable Science Total Seat = 04 (UR-01, ST-01, OBC-A-01, ICAR-01)
M.Sc Forestry – Forestry Total Seat 03 (UR-01, OBC-B-01, ICAR-01)
Age Limit: The minimum age limit for admission to M.Sc. Course in 21 years as on December 31st 2019.
Check out Admission Notifications
Eligibility Criteria for Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya MSc Admission 2019
Applicants must have passed Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry from a recognized university with a Minimum OPGA 6.5 in 10 Point Grade and at least 60% marks in Higher Secondary or equivalent examination. The minimum OGPA and marks for SC/ ST/ PWD applicants are 6.00 and 50% respectively.
The applicants intending to apply for more than one module as mentioned in the guidelines for Entrance test shall have to submit separate applications forms.
MSc Entrance Exam 2019
The entrance test for admission to M.Sc. (Agriculture) for Crop Protection module, Crop production module, and M.Sc. (Horticulture) will be held on 30th July 2019.
The entrance test for admission to Social Science module, Basic Science, and M.Sc. (Forestry) will be held on 31st July 2019. Before the Entrance Examination applicant required downloading UBKV M.Sc. Admission Test Admit Card/Hall Ticket 2019 & M.Sc. Merit List 2019 for Entrance Test.
Duration of the test is 1 hour 30 marks. Total marks in Entrance Test in 100 marks, Exam question is 15 Question of 2 marks, 2 questions of 5 marks & MCQ type 60 question of four alternatives each 1 mark.
There will be no Negative marks for the wrong answer. The syllabus for the entrance test is available on the University website.
Check out Latest Entrance Exams
Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya MSc Admission Form 2019
Application Form has to submit online only on University website www.ubkv.ac.in on payment of Rs.1000/- (Six hundred only) for General & OBC category and Rs.250/- (One hundred fifty only) for SC/ ST applicants through online and offline payment mode.
Only PWD applicants whose disability percentage are 40% or above, will be treated as exempted applicants and no fees will be required.
Applicants will have to deposit the required application fee for each application separately. On selection of offline payment mode applicant will have to deposit the required application fee to any of the branches of United Bank of India. However, no application form without deposition of the fee will be considered.