VIT University Research Entrance Test (VITREE) 2019 for PhD Admission
VITREE 2019 VIT Research Entrance Test: VIT University has invited online applications for admission into PhD/Integrated PhD Research Programmes for the year 2019.
VIT University Courses offered through VITREE 2019
- Integrated PhD
List of Schools where PhD Program Available
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
- School of Advanced Sciences
- School of BioSciences and Technology
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Computing Science & Engg.
- School of Electrical Engineering
- School of Information Tech. & Engg.
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- VIT Business School
- VIT Law School
- VFIT Fashion Technology
VITREE 2019 Important Dates
- Last date for closing of online application 22nd November 2019
- Last date for submitting the hard copy of applications at respective campuses of VIT along with Xerox of all certificates 25th November 2019
- Date, Time and venue of Entrance Examination (CBT) (VIT-Vellore/VIT-Chennai/VIT-AP (Amaravati)/ VIT-Bhopal): 14th December 2019 – Saturday, 10.00 am-12.00 noon)
- Date and time of Interview (at the respective campus of choice) 14th December 2019 – Saturday Time: 2.00 pm onwards)
- VITREE 2019 Results (tentative) 18th December 2019
- Reporting to the Dean/Director concerned school to select guide & payment fees at their campus of choice before 06th January 2020
Check out Phd Entrance Exams 2020
VITREE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- For PhD in Engineering – Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology in the relevant discipline with a first-class or a minimum of 60% marks/ CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class. Or
- Equivalent qualifications like MSc (Engineering)/ M.S (By research)/ M.Tech (by research)
- For Ph.D in Sciences – Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first-class (or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class).
- For Ph.D in Languages – Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA
- For Ph.D in Management – Master in Business Administration or M.E. / M.Tech with a first-class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
- For Ph.D. in Law – Master’s Degree in law (LLM/ML) from any recognized University/Institute, in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
- For Ph.D in Fashion Technology – M.Tech./M.E./M. Fashion Tech/M.S.[By Research]/M.Tech [By Research] in the field of Textile/Textile Engineering/Fiber Science/Textile Chemical Processing / Fashion / Apparel / Garment with a first-class or a minimum of 60% marks/ CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/ Institute does not award any class.
- Integrated PhD: For Integrated PhD in Engineering/ Technology
- Bachelor’s students with an outstanding academic record in the Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology disciplines of Bio-Technology/ Electronics with an aptitude towards advanced scientific and technological research are eligible to apply.
VITREE 2019 Exam Pattern
For PhD Applicants
- There will be 100 MCQ based questions
- Technical questions: 70 questions
- English communication skills- 15 questions
- Statistics and Probability- 15 questions
Integrated PhD Applicants
- There will be 100 MCQ questions
- Technical -80 question
- English Communication skills- 20 questions
- Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Pune, Vellore, Vijayawada.
Check out latest entrance exams
VITREE 2019 Selection Procedure
- Selection will be made on the basis of entrance test and counseling
- All Internal Full-Time scholars admitted into Ph.D program will get a fellowship of Rs.20,000/- per month
- All Internal Full-Time scholars admitted into the Integrated Ph.D program will get a fellowship of Rs.12,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs.20,000/- per month for the next two years.
- All Internal Full-Time scholars who have a valid GATE score percentile of 80 and above will get an additional fellowship of Rs.5,000/- per month
- Apart from this, scholars are encouraged to apply for JRF (CSIR / UGC) / Inspire Fellowships / Rajiv Gandhi Scholarships (minority community and backward community).
Joining the Research Program
- Selected Applicants of research programs will be asked to identify a guide at their school and pay the fees as mentioned in the provisional admission letter along with certificates/documents at the respective campus on or before January 6th, 2020
- Without an identified guide, the provisional admission letter will be treated as withdrawn
VITREE 2019 Application Form
- Applicants are advised to fill the application form online by login to the official website www.vit.ac.in.
- Application cost of Rs. 1200/- to be paid online through Net banking/Debit/Credit card.
- The applicant is expected to arrive at the examination hall at least 1 hour before the commencement of the examination, with Admit Card (hard copy). If the Applicant does not report on time, they are likely to miss the general instructions given in Exam Hall.
- The applicant who does not possess the admit card issued by VIT shall not be permitted to attend the exam under any circumstances. The applicant will not be permitted to enter the examination hall after 10.15 am.
- The applicant is instructed to complete the Registration Process with the help of Hall Invigilators.
- The applicant will be allotted a computer system by Hall Invigilator to take the Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Applicants are requested to keep the Admit Card safely with them and bring it during the Admission Process. The applicant should produce it on demand.