WBUT PGET 2019 Notification and Dates
WBUT PGET 2019 – Applications has been invited by West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) formally known as Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), Kolkata for admission to Post Graduate Courses in Engineering and Technology and Pharmacy for the academic year 2019
WBUT PGET (Post Graduate Entrance Test) – MAKAUT WB PGET
Applications in the prescribed format are invited from eligible Indian citizens for admission to postgraduate courses in engineering & technology and in pharmacy offered by MAKAUT, WB (IN-HOUSE) AND COLLEGES AFFILIATED TO MAKAUT, WB (PGET-2019). Admission would be made through an entrance test (PGET-2019) in relevant subject for all applicants including the GATE/GPAT qualified applicants. Due weightage will be given to valid GATE/GPAT score while preparing the merit list. The admission will be through counseling, the schedule and venue for which would be advertised on the website along with the merit list in due course of time.
Check out more M.Tech Admission
WBUT PGET 2019 Important Dates
- Start date of submission of application: June 10th, 2019
- Last date for submission of online application: June 28th, 2019
- Availability of Admit Card on the PGET website: To be announced later
- Date of Examination: To be announced later
Eligibility Criteria for WBUT PGET 2019
An Indian citizen with a relevant AICTE approved Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture or appearing in the final year examination of such programs or equivalent. Equivalence means the applicant should be an Associate Member of a Professional of Engineers that are recognized by the Govt. of India for the purpose of admission to higher studies in Engineering. M.Sc. or final year M.Sc. Applicants in appropriate branches are also eligible. However, degrees acquired through any distance education program are not eligible.
Applicants in the final year will be granted provisional admission and will have to submit their final mark -sheet before a prescribed deadline (August 31st, 2019) or as may be fixed by the PGET Board.
Eligibility of sponsored applicants: In addition to the eligibility for PGET-2019, the sponsored applicants must have one year experience in Polytechnic/Engineering College/ Industry. A certificate of sponsorship from the present employer must be submitted along with the application form.
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD will be as per the state government rules.
The decision of the PGET-2019 Committee will be final in case of any dispute regarding the whole admission process.
Check out more Engineering Entrance Exam
WBUT PGET 2019 Selection Process
Applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in their Post Graduate Entrance Test conducted by University.
Mode of Examination:
The MAKAUT WB Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) will consist of a single paper in the computer-based test (CBT). It will be of 90 minutes duration. Each paper will have a total of 50 marks with 50 MCQs of 1 mark each. All applicants must appear in the entrance test. The proportional representation of marks for preparation of merit list will be as follows:
- For GATE/GPAT qualified applicants 50% of the GATE/GPAT score will be added.
- Previous academic results (Class 10th and 12th Marks) will be considered for breaking ties.
- Duration and Examination Type:
- The written test for Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET-2019) will be conducted online on subject wise multiple choice questions of 90 minutes duration.
- All applicants must appear in the entrance test for the relevant subject.
Check out more Latest Entrance Exam
MAKAUT WB PGET 2019 Scheme of Examination
- The Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) will consist of a single paper in the computer-based test (CBT). It will be of 90 minutes duration. Each paper will have a total of 50 marks with 50 MCQs of 1 mark each.
- All applicants must appear in the entrance test of the relevant subject.
- Eligibility of sponsored applicants: In addition to the eligibility for PGET-2019, the sponsored applicants must have one year experience in Polytechnic/Engineering College/ Industry. A certificate of sponsorship from the present employer must be submitted along with the application form.
WBUT PGET Application Fees
- For General/ OBC: Rs.600/-
- For SC/ST/PwD category applicants: Rs. 300/-
- Fee can be paid by the online payment gateway.
WBUT PGET 2019 Application Process
The application form is to be submitted online at www.wbut.ac.in and the brochure may be downloaded from www.wbut.ac.in.
How to Apply?
- The applicant will have to fill the requisite information Online like Applicant’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Category, whether Person with Disability, Written Test Centre, Educational Qualification, E-mail Id, Mobile Number, Communication Address, Declaration, etc. On submission of Details, Applicant will be prompted to check the filled details and fill/make corrections if any, to SUBMIT his/her final data.
- Photograph and Signature are to be uploaded as per instructions are given on the website. A “Guidelines for scanning the Photograph and Signature”. The image file of the photograph and signature should be in .JPG or .JPEG format. There will be 2 separate options for uploading the same. Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph and Signature”.
- Recent Stamp size color photograph, preferably with white background, must be used. Size of the file for photograph should be between 20kb- 50kb.
- For Signature, the applicant has to sign on white paper with Blue/Black Ink Pen. If the applicant’s signature on the OMR sheet does not match the scanned signature on the Admit Card/ Attendance sheet, the candidature of the applicant will be disqualified. Size of the file should be between 10kb-20kb.
- Online Application Form will not be Accepted/ Registered unless the applicant uploads his/her photograph and specified Signature.
- After uploading, Applicants are required to preview the uploaded images. Here the applicant is advised to see that, his/her uploaded photograph is clearly visible/ identifiable in the appropriate row and the specimen signature is also visible in appropriate space. If for any reason uploaded images are not up to the mark then the applicant can upload these images again by following the same procedure. In no case, these spaces should be swapped. If the applicant is satisfied with the uploaded images, he/she may proceed further.
- Application Submission: The applicant may review all the filled information before clicking on the declaration. If an applicant finds that all the filled information are correct then he/she can select ‘declaration’ and click on final SUBMIT button given on the page, otherwise EDIT the information filled by him/her.
- After submission of application, an application/ registration number will be generated by the system and the application number along with the password shall be sent to the applicant. Email id and SMS will also be sent to the mobile number mentioned in the application. The applicant has to retain this number and password for future references.
- Application Fee: A link will be provided on the website for payment which would take the applicant to payment gateway link after making the PROVISIONAL Registration. The applicant would then follow the instruction as given on the Rupay link to complete the payment. The applicant can make payment through Internet banking/ Debit Card (Visa or Master) / Credit Card (Visa or Master). After making the payment a Payment Slip will be generated on screen, the applicants should take the print of that payment slip or save for further reference having his details and.
- Bank commission charges/payment gateway charges will be borne by the Applicant. In case the applicant deposits the fee in a wrong account, University will not be responsible. Application Fee deposited after closing date will not be valid.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance. Applicants are, therefore, requested to verify their eligibility before applying and payment of Application Fee.
- Applicant should note that in case status of payment shown by the bank is “pending”, “failure”, “rejected” or of any other technical issue, then it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that payment made to the university is successful within the due date. in case the transaction is reversed by the bank to the applicant or canceled and payment is not received by university within due date, the candidature shall be summarily canceled.
- Applicant should also note that in case the payment details filled up by applicants in the online system are not matching with the transaction details provided by the bank than his / her candidature shall be summarily canceled.
- Cheques, Money Orders, Postal Orders, Banker’s Cheques, Postal Stamps, Demand Drafts, etc. will not be accepted towards application fee.
- The applicants after successful submission are advised to send the hard copy of application form along with his qualification certificates and fee payment proof to the university by speed post/courier/ by hand.
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories must also submit their relevant certificates. Sponsored applicants must submit a letter of sponsorship from their Employer, as applicable.
- The applicant has to furnish a declaration to the effect that the inputs furnished by him/her are true, complete and correct to the best of his / her knowledge and they will be supported by the original documents/testimonials as and when required/demanded. If any false/incorrect information found/detected at any stage, his/her candidature will be summarily rejected/terminated. Therefore it is mandatory for the applicant to tick the checkbox about this declaration at the end of the application form, before saving and uploading the application.
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (Formerly Known as West Bengal University of Technology), BF- 142, Sector-1, Salt Lake, Kolkata- 700064, Website www.wbut.ac.in