XAT 2020 Xavier Aptitude Test
XAT 2020 Exam: XAT 2020 exam dates has been released officially (05th January 2020). XAT 2020 is also referred as Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT). XAT 2020 is divided into two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. It is the University Level Entrance Exam, which is organized by the XLRI (Xavier Labour Relations Institute) on the behalf of XAMI. XAT Exam 2020 is conducted for the admission in more than 150 B-Schools of the country.
XAT 2020 Notification
- The application process for XAT 2020 is commencing on third 23rd August and will continue till 30th November 2019. MBA aspirants passing Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university or institute in any discipline will be eligible to apply for XAT 2020
- Applicants can check out all the information of XAT 2020 like important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, fees, result and many more.
About XAT 2020
- XAT 2020 exam will be conducted on 05th January 2020 (Sunday). XLRI conducts XAT on behalf of the XAMI. For more than 60 years, XLRI is conducting XAT at all India Level to select the most appropriate students for management education. The XAT score is being used by more than 150 institutes for the admission.
What is XAT?
- XAT is Xavier Aptitude Test conducted by XLRI (Xavier Labour Relation Institute) Jamshedpur. It is a common entrance exam conducted by Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) for admission in its management institutes across India.
Check out more MBA Admissions
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Loyola College, Chennai-600034
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management, Vasanthnagar, Bangalore-560052
- Francis Institute of Mgt. and Research (SFIMR), Mumbai-400103
- Joseph’s College of Business Administration, Bangalore-560025
- Aloysius Institute of Mgt. and Information Technology, Mangalore-575022
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar-751013
- Xavier Institute of Mgt. & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore-560100
- Xavier Institute of Mgt. & Research, Mumbai-400001
- Xavier Institute of Mgt. Jabalpur-482021
- Xavier Labour & Relations Institute, Jamshedpur-831001
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi-834001
XAT 2020 Important Dates
- Online Registration Start: August 23rd, 2019
- Editing of Completed Application: 23rd August to 30th November 2019
- Last Date for Registration: November 30th, 2019
- Admit Card Download between December 20th, 2019 and January 03rd, 2020
- XAT 2020 Exam Date: January 05th, 2020 (Sunday, 10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
- Answer Key Release: 03rd week of January 2020
- Result Declaration: January 31st, 2020
- XAT Score Card Release: 31st January and 31st March 2020
Check out more Latest Entrance Exams
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants before applying for XAT 2020 must check out the eligibility criteria. Below mentioned eligibility, criteria are based on last year details. Applicants who will full fill all the Eligibility Criteria that applicant can apply for the XAT examination.
- All Indian applicants must appear for XAT-2020. However, NRI and foreign applicants may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein applicants have an option of appearing for XAT 2020)
- Applicants appearing in Final year of Graduation can apply by entering their aggregate percentage of marks obtained until the time of filling of form
Eligibility for NRI/Foreign Applicants:
- NRI or foreign national applicants have to apply through GMAT scores. Applicants from Dubai or Nepal are exempted from applying through GMAT scores as XAT will be conducted in these two international cities.
XAT 2020 Selection Procedure
- The selection criteria and XAT 2020 participating institutes vary from B-School to B-School. It is generally a two-step process. In the first phase, applicants are shortlisted on the basis of their XAT performance and institute cut-off.
- The shortlisted applicants have to appear for Writing Ability Test (WAT) or Essay Writing or Group Discussion/Group Activity and Personal Interview rounds. The B-schools may also consider criteria like past academic records, work experience, etc. or the overall applicant profile
- Work-experience before graduation will not be counted by the selection panel
- Applicants who were in their final year of graduation while applying for XAT must have completed their Bachelor’s Degree at the time of selection procedure in order to be eligible for selection.
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- XAT 2020 is going to be an online or computer-based test of 210 minutes duration. However, until last year it used to be an offline paper. It is a combination of objective and subjective questions, although the majority of the questions are objective multiple-choice type. XAT is divided into two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- The duration of the test will be of three hours from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm on Sunday, 05th January 2020
- The duration of Paper 1 is 170 minutes or 3 hours 50 minutes. There are three sections in this paper, Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation.
- This paper is a combination of objective and subjective type questions. The sections of Paper 2 are General Knowledge/Awareness and Essay Writing. There are 25 questions in the GK section. Applicants are given only one topic for essay writing. The duration of this paper is 35 minutes.
XAT 2020 Exam Structure
The exam consists of the following sections:
- Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)
- Decision Making (DM)
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
- General Knowledge (GK)
XAT 2020 Marking Scheme
- Each question carries 1 mark and for each wrong answer, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. There is negative marking of 0.05 marks involved for unattempted questions as well, beyond 13.
Also see CMAT 2020 Notification
XAT Syllabus 2020
- There is no specific syllabus for XAT 2020 announced by XLRI. However, based on the past years’ XAT analysis, experts suggest a probable XAT 2020 syllabus, which mentions the section-wise important topics for the test
- The XAT syllabus comprises of the below topics:
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- General Knowledge & Essay
XAT 2020 Test Centers
XAT 2020 would be conducted across India in the following cities.
- Agra, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhatinda, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh/Mohali, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi-NCR, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur/Asansol, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hooghly, Hubballi(Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysuru (Mysore), Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Siliguri, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram Tiruchirappalli, Tirupathi, Tiruvallur, Udaipur, Udupi Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal
XAT Result 2020
- The result of XAT 2020 will be declared online on the 31st January 2020. XAT officials will release the score cards stating the section-wise and overall scores and percentiles. Test takers can download the scorecards and take the requisite number of print outs.
- XLRI Jamshedpur will also send the hard copy of XAT 2020 scorecard to the address of applicants. The scorecard has to be preserved till the admission process gets over.
XAT 2020 Registration
- The applicant needs to register for XAT exam and also register for the institute courses of his/her choice separately by paying separate application fees. The applicants first need to visit the official portal of XAT i.e.; net.in
- Applicants should note that XAT 2020 registration and appearing for XAT 2020 is the preliminary step towards applying to XLRI and XAT Associate Institutes. Applicants to different institutes, besides XLRI have to apply separately to Institutes of their choice
- Applicants for XAT 2020 can choose to pay online using credit card/debit card/online banking
- Please note that the XAT ID and password gives you an individual login on xatonline.in and on frequent intervals, you need to check for mails from XAT & other associated institutes.
- Please ensure that you give your correct mobile No. to receive SMS alerts.
- If you do not receive the registration confirmation mail, with your XAT ID & Password, within 24 hours of signing up, please check your spam/junk folder. If you are unable to locate the email, please write to [email protected] citing your primary email id. or call us up on 1800 419 2929 between 08.00 a.m. and 08.00 p.m. (IST) if you are unable to reach the customer care executive, please write to [email protected]
- We shall get back to you in 48 hours. (Excluding Holidays)
Mode of Payment
- The applicants may pay through:
- Applicants can pay through the given payment gateways with credit card/ debit card and net banking options.
- For this, applicants shall take the print of Challan form and visit the nearest IDBI branch. Demand Draft – The DD has to be made in the favour of “XLRI JAMSHEDPUR” payable at Jamshedpur
- In both the mode of payment, the applicants are required to courier/speed post/register post the printout of XAT Confirmation Page as well as the printout/Photocopy of payment confirmation Page to XAT Office
XAT 2020 Exam Fees
- XAT Registration Fee (without late Fee) – Rs.1700/- Applicants interested in XLRI programs needs to pay an additional fee of Rs.300/- each.
- XAT Registration Fee (with late Fee) – Rs.2000/- Applicants interested in XLRI programs needs to pay an additional fee of Rs.500/- each.
XAT Admit Card 2020
- The XAT 2020 admit card will be available online for the applicants who successfully fill the application form along with the application fee online. The admit card is expected to be available from the 20th December 2019 onwards
- Applicants would be able to download the admit card using their XAT ID and password. Without the XAT 2020 admit card, applicants will not be allowed to take the entrance test. XAT admit card 2020 will display the applicant’s name, date of birth and contact details along with the test center name and address.
- Exam day instructions will also be given on the admit card of XAT 2020.
Downloading of XAT e-Bulletin
- Applicants may download XAT e Bulletin 2020 from xatonline.in / www.xlri.ac.in
Downloading of XLRI e-prospectus
- Applicants may download XLRI e Prospectus 2020 from www.xatonline.in / www.xlri.ac.in